Friday, April 13, 2012

Posting Regularly

Justin, at a previous apartment, sitting grumpily at the computer.
So I thought I'd say a word or two about posting regularly.  I often see people say, "Sorry for not posting in a while," and then go on to tell you all about why they haven't posted.

The fact of the matter is that I have a lot of things to do.  Justin and I both work (he does more than I do most weeks).  We're selling a car, working on the house, buying the house, trying to get the garden in order, outfitting a nursery, preparing in other ways for a baby, staying involved with our church, reading books, keeping up with friends, volunteering our time and skills (such as they are, in my case :) ), and on top of all that, trying to keep a household running smoothly!  There is always something else to do, often something that really can't stay undone.

My goal with this blog is to keep far-away friends and family updated and to keep a sort-of-record of what's been going on lately so that I can read through it later, too.  But in the grand scheme of things, if it comes down to a contest between making dinner and blogging, what do you think should win?  Probably making dinner.  Food is necessary for life.  Blogging isn't really necessary at all.  It's a just a bonus.  :)

Anyway, that's a long-winded way of saying that I don't plan to post regularly.  We'll see what happens, and I hope you all will be understanding.  It's easy to forget that people on the internet do things aside from what we see them do.  :)  I'll post as often as I reasonably can, but I don't need another thing to feel guilty about not doing!  I'm just not making any promises about regularity, that's all.  :)

1 comment: