Saturday, May 5, 2012

Arane's Room!

After much long, arduous work, including a lot of mistakes and re-dos, we have finally finished Arane's room!


Can't you see from the fake smile how thrilled he is to be working on a project that should have taken, at most, a week, but instead took seven months to complete?


I provided moral support for the drilling parts.  Also, I got to try out our new chair.


Benny LOVES the new chair.  I think it's his new favorite place in the whole wide world to be!  You can tell, because when he's grumpy, all you see is black fur, but when he's happy, you get peeks of his white tummy.  He's pretty cute when he's relaxed.


"Stop taking my picture.  Seriously.  I can't do anything about it because I don't want to move, but... seriously."


This is what I call the "mommy and daddy corner."  There's a nice comfy chair and footstool for us to sit in when we feed Arane or get up at night with her, and there's a table for us to put the computer, books, water, and any other supplies we might need.  We'll see what supplies we need when we try it out with Arane, but for now, we only have bibs (not in this picture 'cause I hadn't put them there yet).  If anyone has any suggestions... speak now!






Here is Arane's crib. I'm working on decorating that wall above it, so it won't always look that plain.  :)


This is what's on the opposite side of the window in the picture of the crib, above: bookshelves and changing table.  We got the changing table from a lady on craigslist.  The hanging shelves came with the house, and the standing shelf I had growing up.  It's been through a lot of moves and you can sorta tell, but it's sturdy and does the job.  As you can see, she has a lot of room for toys when she's old enough to play with toys.  For now, she just has a few stuffed animals and things that make noise, which I think will be enough since for babies the entire world is interesting.

Oh, and here's a picture of me, completely with the ginormous belly.


I can't really believe I just showed you that, but really, I'm pretty amazed at how much someone's body can change in such a short amount of time, especially to make room for someone else who is growing so quickly.  Kinda cool!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww. Benny's cute. He's gotten grumpy! Your shirt is pretty.

    Now the shelves have been moved I'm all thrown off as to where things are. Now they're on the wall where the bunk bed was? And the crib is where my desk was? Right?

    Btw, you know those stuffed Pooh animals I have? Do you want them? They're kinda beat up, but I can vacuum them. (Felix likes to play with them big much.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I'm sure Arane will be very comfy there. It's so weird to realize that you are fixing up your former room for your own baby! You slept in that same corner!

    ReplyDelete